The historic Woburn Estate consists of the Woburn Abbey, Gardens, Woburn Abbey Deer Park and Woburn Safari Park Opened in 1970. The Abbey is open March to November, the Gardens, Grounds and Deer Park are open all year.
Woburn Abbey Opening hours
Originally a monastery, Woburn Abbey was given by Edward VI to the Russell family in 1547. The Abbey has been the home of the Earls and Dukes of Bedford since the 1620's. Touring the Abbey covers three floors, including the vaults, with 18th Century French and English furniture, silver and gold collections and a wide range of porcelain on display. In particular the Abbey is celebrated for housing one of the most important private art collections in the world, including paintings by Cuyp, Gainsborough, Reynolds, Van Dyck and Canaletto.
The Abbey will reopen for 2016 on 18th March 2016. See Woburn Abbey website for details.
Gardens, Grounds and Deer Park Opening hours
Open all year, daily Spring to Autumn and Fri - Sun during the winter.
See Woburn Abbey website for details.
Woburn Safari Park
Woburn Safari Park is one of the UK’s oldest wild animal parks and has over 80 species of wild animals roaming in 300 acres of beautiful parkland. Woburn Safari Park is an action packed day for all the family.
More information is available on their website: www.woburnsafari.co.uk.
Events and Exhibitions
Please visit the website for further information: http://www.woburnabbey.co.uk/plan-your-visit/opening-times/
Address and contact details
Woburn Park, Bedfordshire
Postcode: MK17 9WA
Tel: 00 44 (0) 1525 290333